FFN TIP OF THE WEEK!
How to catch a bass with zero drag – drag system set on 100%!
Have you ever had a big bass hit a Strike King 6XD or any other crank bait and you just can’t understand why you lose them?
Have you ever considered that you might be losing fish due to the hooks losing grip when the drag engages?
This is a common occurrence – big bass fight! When they hit a big crank bait, they turn, run, jump, you name it! The fight is on! One of the biggest mistakes is having drag set too loose.
One of the scary thoughts on this system, is people are afraid to lose a fish due to it breaking their line. I can tell you that I have personally lost more fish to drag slippage than I have them breaking my line because my drag is too tight.
HERE’S THE KEY
1. Have Drag Set TIGHT so you don’t lose grip during the bite
2. ABSOLUTELY must have a well discipline thumb! If you feel the fish running hard, give them line!
3. Keep thumb on top of spool – basically the same way you do when you cast. This allows you to control how much line the bass has to run with! I tell folks that my thumb is my drag!
4. STAY CALM!! Let them run all they want to. Be aware of cover they could get into, but if you’re in open water, you can play that fish for an hour if you want to with this system! It’s all about being patient, but with a solid hookset, you will get a good grip from the hooks and lose less fish!
5. FISH ON!!! ENJOY YOUR FREEDOM ON THE WATER!! 🙂
6. FIND US ON FACEBOOK! LIKE! SUBSCRIBE! COMMENT 🙂